The Finest Museum Bookstore in Montana!
About the Bookstore
For two decades, The Northwest Montana History Museum has been home to one of the best kept secrets in the Flathead Valley: our School Bell Bookstore. Thanks to the hard work of many and the very generous contributions of a few key supporters. now the opportunity has come to make our secret a little less-kept. Ever since the Museum opened in 1999, it has contained a bookstore; before 2018, this bookstore was forced to share space with an old cafe with a full commercial kitchen, a cafe that failed not once, not twice, but three times in this same space. We now offer dedicated reading areas, a larger inventory , and coffee and beverage service available daily. Gone is the old café layout, and in its place is a state-of-the-art bookstore Kalispell can be proud to call home.
Just a few of the more popular items that we offer for sale in our Schoolbell Books & Gifts at the Northwest Montana History Museum:
- The Glacier National Park Collection from Pendleton
- Books by local author John Fraley
- Northwest Montana History Museum branded merchandise and apparel
- Looking Back: A Pictorial History of the Flathead Valley, Montana
- Soaps and lotions from Windrift Hill
- Historic Maps and Photographs
- A large selection of children's books
- Books from Flathead Lake pioneer Frank Bird Linderman
- Various editions of The Flathead high school yearbook, 1920 - present
And much, much more! Stop in today to see for yourself!