Discover the Finest Museum Bookstore in Montana
About the Bookstore
For two decades, The Northwest Montana History Museum has been home to one of the best-kept secrets in the Flathead Valley: our Schoolbell Bookstore.
Thanks to the hard work of many and the very generous contributions of a few key supporters, the bookstore can now become a less-kept secret.
Visitors to Glacier National Park and locals alike can spend a relaxing and informative afternoon in the Schoolbell Bookstore.
Check out our curated selection of fiction and non-fiction books that highlight Montana’s rich history while enjoying a delicious beverage from our cafe.
Just a few of the more popular items that we offer for sale in our Schoolbell Books & Gifts at the Northwest Montana History Museum:
- The Glacier National Park Collection from Pendleton
- Books by local author John Fraley
- Northwest Montana History Museum branded merchandise and apparel
- Looking Back: A Pictorial History of the Flathead Valley, Montana
- Soaps and lotions from Windrift Hill
- Historic Maps and Photographs
- A large selection of children’s books
- Books from Flathead Lake pioneer Frank Bird Linderman
- Various editions of The Flathead high school yearbook, 1920 – present
And much, much more! Stop in today to see for yourself!